Now is one of the best times to be a first time home buyer, well actually to be a home buyer period. We are currently in a very active buyer’s market where you can find your dream home and pay far less than you would have just a few years ago. Yet, there is often a lot of anxiety surrounding the whole process of owning your first home including choosing and fully utilizing your REALTOR, getting your first mortgage, and understanding all of the benefits of owning a home. We selected 40 of the best resources (sites, blogs, etc.) that can be come essential reading for first time home buyers:
REALTOR Selection and Use – It can be a challenge to find a good realtor and then once you have them to fully utilize them. Of course, we recommend that you use the ratings right here on DoorFly.com, but there are several other great places to find out more about choosing and taking full advantage of the experience a REALTOR brings to the table.
- Yodzian - these are just some basic tips that will help make sure you have a smooth home buying experience.
- General Real Estate Blog – here you get the chance to lear about real estate systems and common practices in the industry that you need to know before buying a home.
- Real Town – this blogs aims to give something to all home buyers, but offers some really good advice.
- Bedlam Realty – if you are considering using government programs to get a house you may want to check this out first.
- Minnesota First Time Home Buyers – Steve Howe offers visitors the basic information on buying house for the first time, especially regarding real estate and current market conditions.
- Best mortgage – learn about tax credits and other things related to buying your first house.
- Mortgage Training Solutions – here you can get information on the various grants that you may qualify for.
- Realtor Marketing Solutions – this blog offers tips to help you make sure you get a great deal on a home.
- Prudential Towne Realty’s Blog – learn that with research and the internet finding your dream house and actually buying it would not be difficult at all, even if it is your first time.
- Raymus Homes Inc. – learn about the basics of finding your new home through this blog. It offers useful facts and tips about what’s good and what’s not in buying a house.
Mortgage Company – Choosing the right mortgage company is important and there are several things to watch out for from application fees and other expenses through to the originating costs and full closing costs. Some mortgage companies are better than others for first time home buyers because they offer special incentives and some will extend those to anyone that hasn’t owned a home in the last 3 years (even if you owned one prior to that).
- First Time Loans – this blog aims to offer first time home buyers the right tips in getting a loan for their dream house.
- SmartFinance Blog – learn the seven tips of determining if you have bad credit as a first time home buyer.
- Asac-es – here you get general advice on what you need to know about getting your first mortgage.
- Mortgage Trends Daily – this site teaches you how to properly compare mortgage rates to get the best terms.
- Psgobb.com – this blog post offers tips to avoid getting in over your head on a mortgage.
- Residential Capital – For first time buyers or any credit challenged home buyers can get financing advice here.
- Financial Blog – for first time home buyers, learn more about THDA and the perks it can give you.
- First Time Loans – this blog covers topics like interest free loans and home buying stimulus package.
- Loan – this is more about using grants than loans but in any event helps you get funds for closing.
General Home Ownership – There are several things that are just good to know when you are looking to get your first home from what to check out at each open house (toilets flushing, water pressure, lights work, etc.) to other aspects of home ownership.
- Home Buyers – this blog has a wide range of topics from which first time home buyers can get information and tips in purchasing their first residential property. Learn about loans, tapestries for your home, best time to buy a house and much more.
- Denver Mortgage Brokers – here you get some regional and city-specific advice that you can apply to your city as well.
- Rolling Hills Real Estate Info – Gordon Irman offers you information about the economy of real estate which is a great read for first time home buyers.
- General First Time Home Facts – this website is formed under The First Time Home Buyer Network, an association of real estate and mortgage experts, specializing in helping first time home buyers to achieve their dreams without the hassle and trouble.
- Tax Info for Home Buyers – take advantage of your first-time home buyer tax credit by reading the info from this blog.
- Information on Grants – here you can find even more information on government grants for first time home buyers.
- Professor Piggington’s – let the professor school you on the process of buying your first home.
- Texas First Time Home Buyer Information-Austin and Central Texas – if you are moving to the Longhorn State you may want to check out this blog for specific advice on buying a home in Texas.
- DC Apartments – the blog post features new principles of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to protect and defend first time home buyers and even tenants.
- Delancey Realty Group – this blog offers three important tips that first time home buyers should remember to have a smooth home buying experience.
- New Home Source – this is a great link to send to your friends and family after you buy your first house so they can find the perfect house warming gift.
- Sacramento Real Estate Voice – find out everything you needed to know about choosing where to live in Sacramento. Of course, the methodology will work anywhere.
- Eco Friendly Living – learn what kind of grants you may be able to get for going eco friendly.
- Dream Home Arlington – if you need help deciding what type of home is perfect for you then check this site out.
- Bank Owned Foreclosures Blog – find out how you can get a foreclosed home for a cheaper price.
- Focused Links – this blog post talks about the grants offered by various states to first time home buyers.
- Home Furnishings, Home Decor, Outdoor Furniture & Modern Furniture – learn to think about what furniture you will need or how to incorporate yours when evaluating houses.
- Everything Related to You – sometimes when you go to Vegas you stay in Vegas. Get some Vegas tips here that apply to any heavy tourist town.
- Concrete Jungle DC – as a first time home buyer, you can easily get lost in all the government programs this site helps you find your way.
- Change of Address – this blog has been active since 2008, and this particular article helps you avoid the most common mistakes that new homeowners make.
- Homes Priced to Sell – are we in a buyers or sellers market, figure out how to tell here.
Last, but not least we wanted to make sure you were aware of our FREE First Time Home Buyer’s Guide that will take you through the whole home buying process in short order.